Nursing programs are accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, https://njccn.org/nj-board-of-nursing/ and the R.N. degree program is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission in Nursing (ACEN), https://www.acenursing.org.
|General Education Requirements (23 Credits)|
|Written & Oral Communication (6)|
|ENG 101||College Composition I||3|
|ENG 102||College Composition II||3|
|Quantitative/Scientific Knowledge, Skills & Reasoning (8)|
|BIO 121||Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIO 122||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|Society & Human Behavior (6)|
|PSY 101||General Psychology I||3|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Historical Perspective (3)|
|Select any History (HST) Course||3|
|Major Requirements (43 Credits)|
|CHM 101||College Chemistry I||4|
|or CHM 103||General Chemistry I|
|BIO 251||Pharmacology for Health Prof||3|
|NRS 106||LPN MOBILITY I 1||2|
|NRS 111||LPN MOBILITY II 1||6|
|NRS 206||Complex Health Alterations||8|
|NRS 216||Management of Care||8|
|Upon successful completion of NRS 106 LPN MOBILITY I and NRS 111 LPN MOBILITY II, the LPN will be awarded NRS 999 (6 credits) for their LPN education toward the Nursing degree.||6|
- Upon successful completion of LPN Mobility [NRS 106 LPN MOBILITY I and NRS 111 LPN MOBILITY II ], the LPN graduate will be awarded 6 credits by the Registrar [implemented by a Nursing 999 designation in the student's official record] and will be applied toward advanced standing if the student continues into the Nursing AAS (2104) degree program.
- The minimum passing grade for all courses designated BIO, CHM, MTH or NRS is “C.” If you earn a grade below “C”, you need to repeat that course.
- Students accepted into the Nursing: LPN Articulation Option program begin with NRS 106 LPN MOBILITY I, which begins in January.
- Students enrolled in the Nursing program will be required to submit to criminal background checks, drug screen, health clearance, and CPR certification in connection with their clinical placement at certain health care organizations. All expenses for criminal background checks, health clearance, and CPR certification are the responsibility of the student.
- Consult the NJ Board of Nursing for specific information on licensure requirements at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/medical/nursing.htm.
- Prerequisite Courses
BIO 121 Anatomy & Physiology I
BIO 122 Anatomy and Physiology II
ENG 101 College Composition I
ENG 102 College Composition II
PSY 101 General Psychology I
- For an explanation of why General Education courses are included in this Program, please refer to the Section on General Education for an explanation of its Purpose and Requirements.
- This plan assumes the student is eligible to enroll in College Level Courses (designated as 100 +, e.g., ENG 101 College Composition I, HST 101 World Civilization I, MTH 100 Intro. to College Mathematics). Placement results will determine College Level Readiness in English and Mathematics.