Nursing programs are accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, https://njccn.org/nj-board-of-nursing/ and the R.N. degree program is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission in Nursing (ACEN), https://www.acenursing.org.
|General Education Requirements (23 Credits)|
|Written & Oral Communication (6)|
|ENG 101||College Composition I||3|
|ENG 102||College Composition II||3|
|Quantitative/Scientific Knowledge, Skills & Reasoning (8)|
|BIO 121||Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIO 122||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|Society & Human Behavior (6)|
|PSY 101||General Psychology I||3|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Historical Perspective (3)|
|Select any History (HST) Course||3|
|Major Requirements (43 Credits)|
|CHM 101||College Chemistry I||4|
|or CHM 103||General Chemistry I|
|BIO 251||Pharmacology for Health Prof||3|
|NRS 104||Fundamentals of Nursing||6|
|NRS 114||Common Health Alterations||8|
|NRS 206||Complex Health Alterations||8|
|NRS 216||Management of Care||8|
- The minimum passing grade for all courses designated BIO, CHM, PSY or NRS is “C.” If you earn a grade below “C”, you need to repeat that course.
- Course substitutions are not acceptable in general education requirements.
- Students enrolled in the Nursing program will be required to submit to criminal background checks, drug screen, health clearance, and CPR certification in connection with their clinical placement at certain health care organizations. All expenses for criminal background checks, health clearance, and CPR certification are the responsibility of the student.
- Consult the NJ Board of Nursing for specific information on licensure requirements at www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/medical/nursing.htm.
- Prerequisite Courses
BIO 121 Anatomy & Physiology I
ENG 101 College Composition I
PSY 101 General Psychology I
- For an explanation of why General Education courses are included in this Program, please refer to the Section on General Education for an explanation of its Purpose and Requirements.
- This plan assumes the student is eligible to enroll in College Level Courses (designated as 100 +, e.g., ENG 101 College Composition I, HST 101 World Civilization I, MTH 100 Intro. to College Mathematics). Placement results will determine College Level Readiness in English and Mathematics.