It is the policy of ECC not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, genetic information, liability for military service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other category protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of student recruitment/enrollment, staff employment and vocational opportunities. Further, ECC conforms to federal and state statutes, executive orders, regulations, guidelines and amendments including but not limited to:
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination;
- Title VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972;
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973;
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975; and
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Any discrimination concern should be brought to the attention of the Chief Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator.
Inquiries/Complaints May Be Addressed To:
Office of Human Resources
Essex County College
303 University Avenue, Room 5114
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: (973)877-3085 Fax: (973)877-3409