|General Education Requirements (36 Credits)|
|Written & Oral Communication (6)|
|ENG 101||College Composition I||3|
|ENG 102||College Composition II||3|
|Quantitative/Scientific Knowledge, Skills & Reasoning (12)|
|BIO 121||Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|BIO 122||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|MTH 100, MTH 101, MTH 113, MTH 119, MTH 120, MTH 121, MTH 122|
|Technological Competency (3)|
|CIS 131||Micro Computers in Business||3|
|Society & Human Behavior (6)|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|ANT 101, ANT 105, ECO 101, ECO 102, POL 104, PSY 101,|
|PSY 102, PSY 219, SOC 101, SOC 108, SOC 219|
|Humanistic Perspective (6)|
|Select any English Literature course||3|
|Select one of the following courses:||3|
|ART 100, ART 101, ART 102, CIN 101, CIN 103, MUS 100, MUS 109, MUS 117|
|Historical Perspective (3)|
|Select any History (HST) course||3|
|Major Requirements (24 Credits)|
|Select a maximum of 24 credits from any accredited or state-licensed post-secondary health science training program 1||24|
|Additional Course Requirements|
|Select additional credits from the following to total 24 credits: 2|
|ENG 109, HSC 101, HSC 102, HSC 109, BIO 103, BIO 104, BIO 211|
|BIO 241, BIO 251, CHM 101, CHM 103, CHM 104, SOC 201, SOC 207|
College-level credit will be transferred as a block; technical school or other certificate credits will be weighted and then awarded as a block. Credits may be awarded from professional programs in fields such as: Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Dietary Management, LPN, Massage Therapy, Military Medic, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiography, Respiratory Care, Ultrasound,Vision Care Technology and/or any accredited or state-licensed post-high school health science training program, which is licensed or certified by examination.
If the Major Course Requirement credits awarded from a professional education program total less than 24 credits, the balance may be chosen from the list, which are all 3- or 4-credit courses. Keep in mind that the number of credits of Additional Course Requirements plus the number of credits awarded toward Major Course Requirement credits must total 24 credits.
- ECC students who completed college-level course work in Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Dietary Manager, Massage Therapy, LPN, Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiography, Respiratory Care, and Vision Care Technology programs but who did not complete a specific degree many apply their professional credits toward the Health Science degree.
- Students may not earn two degrees in the same discipline.
- The minimum passing grade for all program-related courses is “C”. If you earn a grade below “C”, you need to repeat that course.
- Please meet with a Division of Health Sciences academic advisor (faculty member) to receive evaluation of professional education program credits. (Up to 24 credits may be awarded toward the Major Course Requirements.)
- For an explanation of why General Education courses are included in this Program, please refer to the Section on General Education for an explanation of its Purpose and Requirements.
- This plan assumes the student is eligible to enroll in College Level Courses (designated as 100 +, e.g., ENG 101 College Composition I, HST 101 World Civilization I, MTH 100 Intro. to College Mathematics). Placement results will determine College Level Readiness in English and Mathematics.