Financial Aid Checklist
To ensure that your student aid application is processed, please use this checklist as a guide:
- Applied and accepted for admission to Essex County College
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
- Set up your NJ FAMS account.
- If applicable, file the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application.
- Promptly respond to any documentation requests from our office or from HESAA.
- Obtain an Essex County College email account. Log into the myECC portal (myecc.essex.edu) to check your email and financial aid status.
- Register for classes. Be mindful of the impact of your registration level and student aid options.
- If you do not expect student financial assistance to cover all of your College charges, you may wish you consider enrolling in the College’s deferred payment plan. See the Bursar’s website for details.