Out of County Residents

All other students who have not established permanent residency in Essex County are charged at the “Out-of-County Resident” tuition rate. These include students with F-1, H-1 or J-1 Visa, Temporary Residents, and those with Employment Authorized status. Please note that in accordance with N.J.S.A. 18A:64A-23, pursuant to the Chargeback Laws of 1968, out of county residents who are eligible for chargeback assistance must apply to their home County College and home County Treasurer for a tuition chargeback. The chargeback forms should be presented to the ECC Bursar’s office by the end of the second week of class to obtain a 50% credit against tuition.